Thursday 1 March 2012

Evaluation Question 6- What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?




Above shows the equipment I have used through out producing my media product. With out these technologies I would not have produced my media product to a standard that I would have been happy with, as well as the final product would have been lower quality, less enjoyable and interesting.

Through out my AS media I have learnt to use several programs on the iMac with have been very important thought editing my final film and producing my coursework research. These programs are;



1.              YouTube - Has been incredibly help throughout this year, I have helped me film movies, which have inspired and influenced me with my media product. I knew about YouTube before taking media AS as I use it to stream music and watch film trailers so I knew how to use it. I have also used it to store mini films of me using the equipment, Time lapses of getting to know the equipment.

       2.              Blogger- With the use of Blogger I have been about to document my Year of AS media in a interesting and interactive way. By having it online it has made it easier for my teacher to check my work to see if I am on track. Blogger has a lot of got good features, which allow me to make sure all the punctuation, and spellings are correct on old posts, I can save the posts as drafts, which I can come back to if I am not finished. I can also embed videos from YouTube, Images and sound. I had never used a blog since starting media and didn't know how to use it, but I have found it very easy to use and understand. 

3.              Survey Monkey- I have been able to get feed back on my animatic feedback and final film, which was very helpful for me to complete my film to a good standard.

        4.              JCG Media- The school media site has been fantastic for me to look at what I have to do (student to do’s), looking at other peoples to see if mine is at the same standard as theirs. Also I can see the question I have answered there and look at example answers. There is also a twitter feed on there so we can see if there is any equipment free or if a lesson has been canceled ect.

        5.              Final cut Pro- I have used this program a lot during producing my final media product, it is a fast way of editing, which allows the footage to flow well. I disliked final cut pro a lot when I first started as I could not work out how to use it and didn’t understand how the program worked however after spending a number of hours working on my final film, I have learnt that is it quite simple to use. By using it I have been able to make my film have a certain quality to it.

        6.              Sound track Pro- I used sound track pro to produce the backing audio to my final film, it had a good selection of different sounds, which I incorporated with in my film. Some of the sounds were to animated for my film like, traffic and screaming, there fore I decided to leave those elements out. It was very easy to use once you knew where everything was.

7.              Compressor – I had never used this program before, however since starting the course I have used it a number of times and found it easier and easier every time I used it. It reduces the size of the film footage shot to a size that final cut and sound track pro can work with. On some occasions I missed out compressor and there I have to sit and wait for the footage to render after I had edit it.

8.              After Effects – It is a postproduction program, which you can produce title. I used this to add in my title and create the effect over them, I also used it to make up my production company logo “Rowland Productions”, I was able to-do this in conjunction with video copilot. This and after affect where the two programs I disliked the most to work with, I couldn’t understand how to work with them as ‘Andrew Kaner’ the man who guides you thought the program when to fast, therefore I had to try and follow and create a few to find one I could actually complete.
 
9.              imovie – This is program which allows you to produce a movie in a easy and quick way. Because it was easy to use I really liked working with it, my film would not have flowed and been at a high standard of editing if I used this program to edit the whole of my final film. I used imovie to produce videos of feedback interviews and showing the different camera settings . 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment